Flash to Ultra flash conversion

Starting a new build or conversion? Post your information, findings and pictures here.

Moderator: Dick Spreadbury

stevejohnson

Flash to Ultra flash conversion

Postby stevejohnson » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Hi , just thought I would share my thoughts on converting my flash to a ultra flash . I have just finished the conversion and can say it not as bad as I thought it was going to be , the only thing which was a pain was main wing dowels not lining up but was easily overcome bit of drilling and filling !! , u/c gear went straight in and colour match is perfect , tail went on easy with no probs , strip down and converted in four Eve's and will post some pics soon , can't wait to get out and fly now and find out if it's worth the £ 900 to do it :-) !!

Lui Sorrenti

Re: Flash to Ultra flash conversion

Postby Lui Sorrenti » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:01 am

Looks great Steve mate also looking forward to see fly too then will see if worth doing mine too will have to also do a heads up against each other to compare
Boomerang Élan powered by jetcat 120 / Graupner Harpoon 2 powered by Evojet 90 / Comp Arf Flash powered by Jetcat 120 / Skymaster L39 powered by Merlin 140 / BVM Bobcat powered by Merlin 100 / Comp Arf Ultra Flash powered by Jetcat 160 SX

stevejohnson

Re: Flash to Ultra flash conversion

Postby stevejohnson » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi lads here is the out come of the ultra flash upgrade , I went to honington today and it was a bit chilly one with 12mph wind but I needed to find out what it was like so with the help of mark Hinton , off it went into the sky for its new life as a ultra flash and came back home safely to the ground , just to note the settings on the carf instructions are abit on the aggressive side so wound back Ali throw to about 10mm at Wing tip and about 8mm wing tip low rate with 40% expo , ele was also In need of a tweak down to 14mm at tip hi rate and 10mm low rate with 20% expo , flaps were 1" take off with landing 31/4" with 6mm crow and 6mm down ele flap trim with the cog at 220mm from wing join. Rudder was fine at 45mm , with these settings the jet flys a hell of smoother and less twitchy. Now the out come of upgrading a perfectly good model and reluctantly spending £900 on something wich could just be a hype is ,,,,, the ultra flsh is fecking AWSOME and I am chuffed to bits it is a totally different plane with the new wing and is a black and white difference and also you get more flight time for some strange reason must be less drag needs less power maybe ? In one word " WOW "
So if you have been pondering about doing a upgrade. Do it!!!!!!!!

Return to “Jet Build Threads”