flyeagle tornado

For items about gas turbine, IC and Electric powered jets, engines and systems

Moderators: jamie cuff, Dick Spreadbury

wayne owen

flyeagle tornado

Postby wayne owen » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:49 pm

hi guys
right question . everybody whos anybody knows flyeagle has a crap reputation regarding weight and strength of there kits, question is has anybody got and flown there tornado? if yes whats it like or do anybody know where to get a tornado seen very few about seen one fly at Weston park but whos kit is it? thanks in advance
regards and happy landings

scott douglas

Re: flyeagle tornado

Postby scott douglas » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:58 am

There was one up here in Scotland but I'm pretty sure the owner sold it before flying it...or maybe he couldn't sell it I'm not sure.

The only other one I've ever seen was an old Italian Masterfly kit. It was originally a d/f kit but there are a few turbine conversions. It's a rare beastie though.

http://youtu.be/Byi008fB2Sk

wayne owen

Postby wayne owen » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Thankyou for the info
Regards

Frank DiCarlo

Postby Frank DiCarlo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:38 am

I looked into this model 4-5 years ago, and managed to get in touch with a guy in the UK who had one of the early ones. (Probably one of the only ones)
I've searched my inboxes but can't find his name or reply, but the gist of the reply was that it was a led sled, and not much fun to fly. I think he'd hung the model up while trying to decide what to do with it.
Sorry that's not more positive, if I find the email from him, I'll alert him to your thread here.

Return to “Jets”