Red Arrows colour scheme

The place to post items on full-size jet related matters

Moderator: Dick Spreadbury

David Gladwin

Red Arrows colour scheme

Postby David Gladwin » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:41 pm

What are your views on the new Red Arrows scheme ? Personally, I think it is a retrograde step and will need to be "tweaked" after next season.

I guess the scheme was foisted on the team by their "Airships" and in loyalty they have to defend it !

Regards, David. :cry:

Dick Spreadbury
Site Admin

Re: Red Arrows colour scheme

Postby Dick Spreadbury » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:07 am

David Gladwin wrote:What are your views on the new Red Arrows scheme ? Personally, I think it is a retrograde step and will need to be "tweaked" after next season.

I guess the scheme was foisted on the team by their "Airships" and in loyalty they have to defend it !

Regards, David. :cry:

Hi David,

You're right - it's certainly no improvement...I like the solid cheat line - breaking it up disrupts the look. If people need to be told the Reds are part of the RAF then maybe some imaginitive graphic on, say, the fin could have been added. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Cheers,

Dick

PS...for those who haven't yet seen it...

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/B30CA6F4 ... rrows1.JPG

David Gladwin

Postby David Gladwin » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:46 am

Glad you agree Dick, Ray Hanna must be turning in his grave. This new scheme just isn't right whereas the old scheme was, and is, a timeless classic which looks as good now as it did back in 1980. The lightning flash was perfect on the Gnat but CFS got the Hawk markings dead right.

So, a large number of the UK general public doesn't know that the Reds are part of the Royal Air Force ! What HAS happened to the UK since I left ????

Best regards, David.

Giles Fowler

Postby Giles Fowler » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi David, it is quite true and also hard to believe that the UK Public just don't know the Reds are part of the RAF. I have a contact on the Reds engineering side and they get the question at the displays'who owns them.....'. Its an even greater shame that the Reds have been banned from displaying at the 2012 Olympics. PC gone mad.

Regards

Giles.

'Proud to serve this wonderful nation'

Return to “1:1 Scale Jets!”